Silver Fir Plywood
- 4mm-40mm thick (composites up to 100mm)
- Light in weight (average 480kg/m³)
- Standard size: 2500x1220mm & 2200x1250mm
- Available to special order in single pallets
- Typical pallet size = approx. 450mm high (e.g25 sheets 18mm).
- Special sizes up to 2550x1830mm
- Supplied raw or coated with primer, melamine laminate, clear lacquer or paint
- Suitable for exterior cladding applications in extreme moisture conditions
Light in weight, silver fir plywood is a high-quality, and cost-effective, coniferous plywood product with a 'closed core' construction that can be supplied as a stand-alone product, i.e. 100% silver fir throughout plywood, or as is more usually requested, used in conjunction with a variety of other materials or veneers in the form ofsound reduction plywood,beech faced plywood,oak faced plywood and other combinations that require a lighter weight, or a lower cost option.
Flame retardant plywood can be supplied with unidirectional veneers, whether or not mixed with other species, and used as the core of decorative veneered plywood.
In addition to standard silver fir plywood, we offer this product specifically manufactured as an exterior cladding plywood, (with a surface of standard or brushed finish), with or without a factory applied surface finish, and also fire rated in accordance with EN 13501-1 to classification B-s2,d0.
Winwood Products is a silver fir plywood supplier offering the following configurations/options:
Silver fir throughout plywood
Used for applications where a lightweight plywood is required that is strong & resilient - especially for fully exterior cladding applications - silver fir throughout plywood is a high-quality panel product used for a number of applications, very often painted, laminated, veneered or otherwise covered for specific applications.
This product is used extensively for external cladding applications due to to the product's good coating capabilities, and also in the form offire retardant silver fir plywood. It is generally produced using uniform 2.5mm thickness rotary peeled silver fir veneers throughout its construction.
Unidirectional silver fir plywood
Silver plywood can be manufactured specifically to your requirements, for instance if you require a plywood with unidirectional veneers - the grain of each veneer laid in the same direction - or you need to achieve a decorative edge with contrasting colors from a different wood.
Use of unidirectional plywood made from 100% silver fir is normally limited to specific technical & engineering applications where the light weight & strength of silver fir is desired.
Generally, the core veneer immediately beneath the faces is bonded at right angles to all others, as this has been found to offer increased stability across the face. This arrangment therefore reduces the incidence of splitting on the face veneer due to the increased flexibility of the panel across the grain, although we can lay all the veneers in the same direction if required.
- 4-60mm - thicker plywood by arrangement
- Standard sizes:
- 2550x1250mm, 2200x1250mm
- Special sizes:
- Other sizes available, subject to agreement up to maximum 2550x1850mm
- Length/width: up to 1m @ ±1mm, up to 2m @ ±2mm , 2m & above @ ±3mm
- Thickness: +0.2mm, -0.5mm
- (Others by arrangement)
- Face grades:
- I/II, II/II, II/III, III/III
- EN 636-2 - Covered exterior usage
- EN 636-3 - Fully exterior usage
- Other features:
- Also available with unidirectional veneers
- Can be supplied as 100% silver fir throughout plywood, or with a core to any required mix of other species